Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's my birthday

Time flies. I can't believe it's been nearly three years since I blogged. I wonder who still reads this anyway. I can only thank god for bringing me through my darkest days. I don't know how many times I said this but God has been very gracious to me. Giving me things I will never ever take for granted. Bringing so many people in my life that I will cherish!

When I was 12, my teacher gave me a  tiny souvenir. It says "Through the darkest night. His light will shine." I didn't really understand what that means then. 10 years later, looking back at all those mistakes I'd made, all those achievements I attained, I really grew up a lot. It is however not the achievements that make me happy but the process of overcoming them.

I really like to thank a few people that changed my life.

Ms pauline tan, the very first person that brought me closer to god.

Pastor How and Pastor Lia for their awesome sermons and teachings that really opens up my mind.

Jennifer for being with me through the toughest times of my life and bringing me to see Vanness Wu in her church. :D

Jun jie for bringing me even closer to god and praying for me!

My super awesome band mates from Music District! You guys are the most sick musicians and songwriters I'd ever met. (Tim, Merwyn, Xue Yi, Audrey, Faisal, Weixuan, Thomas, Chanel, Gabriel, Zi Jian)

Mala who never fails to cheer me up every single time we meet, for doing all the wild stuff together and teaching me bad stuff that I shouldn't know. You are an amazing friend and photographer.

Jon for pushing my limits in drumming with all the sick song suggestions.

Yixin, Shimin, Sheryl, Yifang for always being there for me. Even 10 years down the road, we could still could talk like we met each other yesterday, carry on with what we left the other day.

All the friends that had been there for me at some point in my life and I'd been grateful for and I really mean it from the bottom of my heart:

Audrey, Valerie (For studying hollywood to bollywood together with your friend!), Debbie, Xiao Ting, Shi Jiao, Hui hui, Jessica (miss those playnation times), Katherine Chan (my drawing master), Sheng Xian (Funky bass and jokes), Mac (For the jokes and the riffs) , Korny, Wan Xiang and Diana (for the music, alcohol and talking), Andre (for the jokes, fun times and the enlightenment), Roger Low (my sound design hero/teacher that teach me silence is loud), Hannes Martin Rall (for being so encouraging and patient), Junxiang, Carol, Kee Seng, John, Tan yin (for the encouragement and understanding, which reminds me I'm a really bad person), Daniel Chong for playing drums with me.

All my inspirational people that changed my life: Jimmy kadesch, Mike Johnston, Local Natives, Young the giant, Kimbra, Gotye, Noah Bradley, Stevie Mcquinn, Alexander Moller, Sungha Jung, Hillsongs United, Planet Shakers, Broader Daniel, Dennis Chambers, Vinnie Colaiuta, The XX, Basement Jaxx, Christina Aguilera.


By the way I got an A for my film module on my birthday. That is a GPA 5.0 for that. Showing off now :D YAY!

Thank you everyone! If I die, I hope someone see this and tell them I really like them a lot.

:)

Posted by Gab at 9:58 PM |  

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)